Call for Papers
The international conference Safetronic holistically addresses the satety of road vehicles and all related aspects including but not limited to tunctional satety, SOTIF, cybersecurity, satety-In-use and others.
The conterence offers a rewarding exchange with experts or renowned companies and the excellent opportunity to connect with partners next to best practice reports and innovative approaches or leading VEms and the supply industry.
Notification of acceptance
The abstract shall be written as continuous text and must not exceed one page.
Please conclude the abstract with a summary regarding the key take-aways for the audience.
The presentations should include best practice reports, lessons learned or innovative approaches.
With the submission of an abstract you agree on publishing your presentation for the conference attendees in the password protected download area.
Please note that we do not accept any product marketing.
Your abstract should include:
Information on the presenter and co-authors (names, company only)
Self-explanatory title for your abstract and presentation
Assignment of the presentation to one of the focal points listed below
If available, list of previous publications on the topic
Please submit your paper as PDF file via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Each paper is allotted 30 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for subsequent discussion.
The conference and the presentation program will be held in English.
Abstracts will be reviewed and selected by the program committee.
1. Holistic safety approaches to handle the increasingly complex and connected systems
Strategies for operational safety and safety in use
New methods like model-based systems engineering and analysis, agile development
Integration and management of the various aspects of safety from different domains like E/E, mechanical and chemical (EV battery systems) safety, human factors, SOTIF etc.
Off-board aspects of safety like safety-related elements outside the vehicle such as backend, infrastructure, connectivity, communication and safety for cloud services such as maps or on road-side units
Safety & Security: interactions, contradictions, solutions
2. Application solutions with focus on Functional Safety, SOTIF for fail degraded systems
3. Safety of SW and HW
Analytic methods for safety and security of software, hardware and design
Safety for software systems (e.g. also for pure software products)
Use of pre-existing software including Free and Open Source Software in safety related systems, qualification of legacy SW
Safety considerations for hard-realtime embedded systems, including hardware accelerators
4. Developing FuSa and SOTIF for vehicles under the aspect of global markets
5. Safety analyses, e.g. hazard analyses and risk assessments, system, hardware, software, environmental protection, edge case situations
6. V&V definition of acceptance criteria and indicators for safety
7. Safety processes, e.g. incremental safety qualification for OTA; concrete implementation of normative requirements; handling of variability; accelerated development cycles, agile development, tailoring and argumentation
8. Risk assessment and management on organizational level
Innovative safety approaches
9. Automated driving & AI
Safety for neural networks / machine learning, like DNNs, reinforcement learning and validation (including insights from standardization work like ISO/PAS 8800, ISO/IEC TR 5469)
Safety for Automated Driving, Application of cybernetical approaches for perception, prediction and control
10. Ideas and concepts regarding ALKS – R157
11. SafeDevOps like continuous deployment and iterative development of safety concepts and mechanisms, e.g. when expanding the ODD
12. Safety for software defined vehicles
13. Dynamic safety management and safety architectures
14. Safe POSIX OS architecture and qualification approaches, e.g. SafeLinux
15. Digital twin for road traffic in the context of simulation and modeling
Submit your paper as PDF file via mail: