Safetronic 2022 | 21st International Conference on Holistic Safety for Road Vehicles
8 to 9 November 2022 | Stuttgart Area, Germany
The international conference Safetronic holistically addresses the safety of road vehicles and all related aspects, including but not limited to functional safety, SOTIF, cybersecurity, safety-in-use and others.
The conference offers a rewarding exchange with experts of renowned companies and the excellent opportunity to connect with partners next to best practice reports and innovative approaches of leading OEMs and the supply industry.
Many thanks to all who submitted an abstract to this year call for paper.
Call for Papers | Deadlines
9 MAY 2022 Submission of
9 June 2022 Notification of acceptance
21 OCT 2022
Submission of final presentation
Note on conference documentation
Participants get access to all presentations as PDF files.
The download area will be activated one week before the conference date.
There will be no further publication.
Call for Papers | Topics
Best practices for successful implementations
- Safety analyses, e.g. hazard analyses and risk assessments, system, hardware, software, environmental protection, critical situations
- Analytic methods to technical safety and security of software, hardware and design
- Safety processes, e.g. concrete implementation of normative requirements; handling of variability; accelerated development cycles, tailoring and argumentation
- Agile development for safety-related systems
- Safety in context of new methods like model-based systems engineering and analysis
- Safety & Security: interactions, contradictions, solutions
- Holistic Safety – Integration of the various aspects of safety from different domains like E/E, mechanical safety, human factors, etc.
- Risk assessment and management on organizational level
- Developing functional safety for vehicles under the aspect of global markets
- Use of pre-existing software including Free and Open Source Software in safety related systems, qualification of legacy SW
- Safety considerations for hard-realtime embedded systems, including hardware accelerators
- Regulatory aspects like challenges and concepts regarding ALKS – R157
- Strategies for operational safety, product liability and safety in use
Innovative safety approaches
- Safety for AI / machine learning, like DNNs, reinforcement learning and validation (insights from standards like ISO/IEC TR 24029 or IEC 61508 are welcome)
- Safety for Automated Driving, Application of cybernetical approaches to control the vehicle perception and control
- Safe POSIX OS architecture and qualification approaches, e.g. SafeLinux
- SafeDevOps like continuous deployment of safety concept and mechanisms e.g. when expanding the ODD
- Off-board aspects of safety like safety-related elements outside the vehicle such as backend, infrastructure, connectivity, communication and safety for cloud services such as maps or on road-side systems
- Dynamic safety management and dynamic safety architectures
- Road safety and traffic safety, Vehcile 2X activities
- Digital twin theory for road traffic in the context of simulation and models
- Safety in the context of electrification (e.g. batteries, hydrogen systems, charging infrastructure)
- Approaches for the extension of today’s QMS systems to a safety management system
- Consideration of human factors
Call for Papers | Details
- Self-explanatory title for your abstract and presentation
- Information on the presenter and co-authors (names and contact data)
- The presentations should include best practice reports, lessons learned or innovative approaches
- Please note that we do not accept any product marketing
- Assignment of the presentation to one of the focal points listed below
- If available, list of previous publications on the topic
- The abstract shall be written as continuous text and must not exceed one page. Please conclude the abstract with a summary regarding the key take-aways for the audience
- With the submission of an abstract and a presentation you agree on publishing your presentation for the conference attendees in the password protected download area
- Format specification in Call for Paper portal Easychair: PDF (.pdf)
- A user account at Easychair has to be created
Each paper is allotted 30 minutes for presentation and 10 minutes for subsequent discussion.
The conference and the presentation program will be held in English.
Abstracts will be reviewed and selected by the advisory board.